Business Development Executive
£25,000 – £30,000 basic – OTE £50,000
Hours: 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
- Monthly Commission structure with additional rewards for long term contracts
- Earnings uncapped
- Annual Holiday: Between 25 & 28 days, depending on length of service
- Laptop & UC applications
- Car allowance
Our client based in Luton is a leading provider of IT solutions. We are looking for a Business Development Executive to join a growing business and build a career within IT sales. This is a fantastic opportunity for a sales focused individual to join a company offering full training and development. Ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in IT sales or sales support.
Responsibilities Business Development Executive:
- Achieve monthly gross margin targets through sales of solutions
- To grow business from a small number of existing or dormant customers.
- To build and maintain an opportunity pipeline of 3 x cover.
- To ensure any renewal contracts that are due are re-signed and clients are contacted at least 3 months ahead of their renewal date to enable sufficient time to negotiate the renewal.
- To maintain regular, at least quarterly, contact with all named clients and to grow the contacts within each client.
- To target a defined number of net new mid-tier enterprise clients and build a sales plan to secure new business within these clients.
- Build strong business relationships with aligned vendor partner sales people.
- Ensure all existing and prospective clients are aware of company capabilities/ offerings.
- Keep prospect management system updated, ensuring all opportunities are registered on a daily basis with the latest position. This should include accurate sales stages, commercial values, close dates and progress comments / notes, assigning to the correct marketing campaigns where applicable.
- Work with virtual team (Sales support, Pre-Sales & Service delivery) to secure business and align the correct resource within a client account.
- To attend and fully prepare for monthly reviews, providing sales forecasts and presentations as required.
Skills & Attributes Required:
- Tenacity, persistent, determined and high strength of will
- Excellent interpersonal skills – must be easy to converse with, good empathy, listener, consultative, good communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport and strong business relationships
- Self-motivated and driven
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good time management
- Good product and market knowledge/ understanding
- Ability to handle and overcome objections
- Commitment and hard working
- Hunter mentality
- Outgoing, positive personality with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Team player
- Good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Genuine interest for working in the ICT environment and building a sales career
Response Personnel, an independently owned company and experts in recruitment since 1997.
Specialists in Permanent, Temporary and Contract recruitment within a number of niche divisions and industries, including: Commercial, IT/Telecoms, Industrial and Technical sectors.
For information on other roles we have available please call 01582 616300 for further details.
Job Reference: 2020111701_1605706115
Salary From: £25000
Salary To: £30000
Job Industries: Sales
Job Locations: Luton, Bedfordshire
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Business Development, Sales, IT Sales, Sales Support,