Full Time Permanent Role Salary Negotiable depending on experience but around £65,000
My Client based in the Cambridgeshire area are currently looking to recruit a Chief Engineer:
Job Title: Chief Engineer
Responsible to (Manager): Technical Director
To lead and manage the technical team across multiple projects, from concept phase through to physical delivery of components, assemblies and tooling. To ensure delivery is to specification, within time, cost and quality constraints. The role will require people management skills and input to company strategy. The role is also customer facing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and lead a high performing Aerospace/Defence technical team through effective coaching, mentoring, performance and competence development.
- Initiate and proactively manage employee performance through an efficient review process.
- Ensure both team and individual objectives are delivered
- To develop the capability of the team, in-line with the business strategy
- Support bidding activities with technical expertise, customer presentations and proposal preparation.
- Project manager where deemed appropriate.
- The allocation of resources in conjunction with the Technical Director to appropriate colleagues to maximise utilisation and ensure that people deliver work to the required standards.
- Deliver team utilisation targets and proactively manage over and under-utilisation via effective consultation with other Team Leaders and Business Managers.
- Drive high technical standards across the wider business that meet client requirements consistently.
- Proactively support production and quality staff to ensure manufacture follows design intent, and by the most efficient methods.
- Initiate project cost review and incorporate findings into future design and manufacturing approach
- Aspire to be C-Eng in the next 24 months with demonstrable experience in a technical role.
- Proven experience of creating high performing teams, inspiring them and sharing their success.
- A team player, who can engage with people and cultivate relationships across all levels.
- A commercial awareness, that focuses on Customer service.
- An appetite to understand the wider business performance and challenges
- A good communicator, with well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills, who adopts a consultative approach but will drive projects forward.
- Well organised, and able to identify and deliver key activities to improve business performance
- Able to gather and analyse information from different sources.
Understanding of the design and manufacture of aerospace/defence composite components
Structural analysis skills (hand calculations or FEA modelling)
Team leadership experience
Hands-on composite experience
CAD Skills (Modelling and Drawings) on Catia or similar program
Programme management experience
Chief Engineer / Aerospace / Composites / CATIA / CAD
Job Reference: EM195_1558090328
Salary: £50000 - £70000 per annum