CNC Miller (Royston)
Benefits: Free parking, retail discount and EAP scheme
40 Hours per week Shift Pattern & Hourly Rate (weekly alternating)
- 06:00 – 14:30 = £14 p/Hour (Mon – Friday)
- 14:00 – 23:00 = £16 p/hour (Mon-Thurs)
- 14:00 – 20:00 =£16 p/hour (Fridays)
21 days paid leave (increases with time served)
The Company is a successful family-owned business based in Royston close to Cambridge supplying prototypes and
short production runs to customers across the UK. Substantial investments have been made over the last few years in
all the departments.
The Job Outline. Note: This Job will involve working within a shift pattern Early and Late (alternating)
To join the CNC team, currently 8, to enable faster turnaround times for client’s orders, your role
will be set up and run programs under the guidance of the CNC Manager and Lead Programmer, you will have:
- Experience setting and operating CNC Mills
o Fanuc/HAAS & Heidenhain controls (edit programs)
- Working autonomously and under own initiative.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Quick thinking and a problem solver.
- Ability to work to short time scales and effectively self-time manage.
- You will be expected to operate multiple machines ensuring maximum production is achieved during the day
and unmanned night runs.
- Have a can-do attitude towards challenges, with the desire to continuously work closely with colleagues and
management in developing newer methods of engineering to increase efficiency/quality and health safety.
- Have a good work ethic towards assisting with tasks that may not fully meet your job
description but that you are either skilled or trained to do.
- The ability to work both alone and as part of a team and contribute to problem-solving
situations helping to identify issues and provide solutions.
- Will clean up parts to a high standard
- Be able to inspect your own work and others
- Demonstrate working to the values of the company (see next page)
- Knowledge of Mastercam would be a distinct advantage but not essential
- Apprentice Trained
- GCSE (or equivalent) passes in Maths and English Language
Our mission is to be the first choice for providing the rapid manufacturer of prototype and
production parts, on-demand
Job Reference: EM411_1631265521
Salary From: £14
Salary To: £16
Job Industries: Aerospace
Job Locations: Royston, Hertfordshire
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: CNC Miller, Fanuc, Heidenhain, Haas