My Client based in Markyate are currently recruiting for a CNC Operator.
Salary £30 – £35k dependant on experience
Holiday: 25 days per annum plus bank holidays
Hours of Work: 45 hours Monday – Friday
Overtime: Time-and-a-quarter during the week; Time-and-a-half Saturday mornings
Sick Pay: SSP
CNC Operator Responsibilities
Produce machined parts by loading, setting up, and operating a FANUC CNC lathe; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment, and supplies.
- To ensure that all equipment, gauges, and instruments are within calibration prior to use, including all personal equipment.
- Understand how the role operates within, and contributes to, the Company’s QMS.
- Report to Management any risks or opportunities which may impact upon achieving the desired outcomes and achieving customer satisfaction.
- To ensure that all equipment and materials where required is signed and accounted for prior to removal from inspection or designated location.
- Handle product in a manner to prevent deterioration and maintain fitness for purpose.
- Check stock of materials, components and tools and inform the relevant person when stock is needed. Verify receipt of stock into the workshop.
- Operating CNC lathes using FANUC software entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches.
- Set-up lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, brushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Load feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements, detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations and inform the Production Director of any problems, delays, or defective work.
- To complete work operations as instructed by the work cards and to complete all work cards including signature as required.
- To undertake all jobs in compliance with customer requirements identified on drawings, specifications, and quality plans, as required.
- To undertake all duties as instructed by the Production Director and Manufacturing Manager.
- To seek advice and assistance from Production Director or Manufacturing Manager if unsure of any customer requirement identified on drawings, specifications, or other documented data.
Limited programming work in short term. Due to current major contract, initially work will be loading machining and maintaining quality and consistency across key components.
There will be opportunities for promotion if successful candidate shows proficiency in the role and ambition to progress to managing others
Job Reference: EM382_1631114726
Salary From: £30000
Salary To: £35000
Job Industries: Engineering
Job Locations: Harpenden, Hertfordshire
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: "CNC Operator " or "CNC Turner" or "CNC Lathe"