General Ledger Accountant (with German)
Based in Harlow, Essex
ONE DAY OF YOUR CHOICE WORKING FROM HOME
Working Monday to Friday (8.30 to 17:00 OR 9.00 to 17:30)
Salary dependent on experience
VARIOUS PERKS, BONUSES & BENEFITS SUCH AS DISCOUNTS AT MAJOR BRANDS / RETAILERS ALSO AVAILABLE!
We are recruiting for a globally renowned organisation that will enable you to join a culture of inclusivity, team work and support. The reason for its success are its people – and this is your opportunity to join and be a part of this exciting company.
This is a vacancy for a General Ledger Accountant with German language knowledge on a permanent contract. You will be involved in General Ledger controlling and reporting, compliance, tax, statutory, and multiple general accounting activities.
Interested? If so, don’t hesitate and apply now!
What Will You Be Doing?
Your role as the General Ledger Accountant (with German) will vary, but some of the responsibilities will include:
- Control and manage the accuracy of the General Ledger for the assigned companies.
- Complete all relevant month-end financial close procedures including necessary accruals and prepayments activities.
- Prepare and be responsible for all necessary internal reporting required within Europe head office.
- Facilities and restructuring accounting and control.
- Carry out relevant Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Hedging and Revaluation.
- Headcount reporting, control and forecasting support.
- Statutory accounting and corporation tax work.
- Statutory/Corporate reconciliations and European consolidation.
- Control and prepare VAT, Intrastat and Sales List Reporting, submission of VAT Returns and related compliance
- Support and be involved with all audit work
- Manage the fixed asset register and all relevant accounting, liaising with the accounts payable clerks and other business areas where required
- Prepare any necessary variance analysis for all the above.
- Support other accountants within the team on a variety of tasks in order to meet the total needs of the finance department.
- Involvement with developing new/efficient processes/procedures within the accounting team.
- Provide support and assistance to the Accounting Manager on projects and ad-hoc tasks
What Are We Looking For / Skills That Will Help You Succeed:
- Experience with German GAAP / UK GAAP / US GAAP.
- Fluent in English + German language skills.
- Very good experience with making an accrual, prepaid, European VAT, balance sheet reconciliation.
- Advanced Excel and data manipulation skills.
- Working under pressure.
- Part or fully qualified (CIMA, ACCA)
Response Personnel, an independently owned company and experts in recruitment since 1997.
Specialists in Permanent, Temporary and Contract recruitment within a number of niche divisions and industries, including: Commercial, IT/Telecoms, Industrial and Technical sectors.
For information on other roles, we have available please call 01582 616300 for further details.
Job Reference: 2021091001_1631269937
Salary From: £38000
Salary To: £48000
Job Industries: Accountancy
Job Locations: Harlow, Essex
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: German, German Accountant, General Ledger Accountant with German, General Ledger Accountant, GL Accountant, Accounting, Accountancy, Finance, Accounts