Salary £27,000 – £28,000, dependent on experience
37 hours per week
Full time permanent, offering agile working
Our client is a not-for-profit housing association that has been providing affordable housing in Luton and South Bedfordshire since 1962. We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Housing Officer to join an established and growing association.
Must have a full clean UK driving licence and access to own car for work
We are looking for candidates with experience in rent arrears, anti-social behaviour and neighbourhood management.
Responsibilities Housing Officer
- Comprehensive delivery of tenancy for a portfolio of homes, including provision of a core management service responding to your customers enquiries as the main point of
- Embed a great service culture that promotes and embraces high levels of tenant and community engagement and involvement; that reflect business values. Providing a flexible and responsive service to meet the needs of
- Assessing the needs of customers applying for housing through choice based letting and our transfer
- Rent arrears control including filing particulars of claim and representation at
- Estate inspections: Inspecting communal areas and estates, raising and following up on appropriate corrective actions to customer
- Estate and facilities management: Providing a responsive and efficient estate, block and facilities management service to ensure residents’ communal areas and neighbourhoods are pleasant, well-maintained and safe place to live.
- Empty homes monitoring and control, including carrying out pre-void
- ASB: Tackling and reducing the effects of anti-social behaviour on estates and in communal areas
- Keeping on top of housing sector knowledge: including knowledge around property management, service charges, health and safety, personal safety and working with vulnerable
- Lettings and allocation of property, including different types of tenancy
- Staying up to date with working knowledge of welfare benefits and welfare reforms and ensuring the team is
- Generic housing management queries
- Ensure effective delivery of new business services by working in a collaborative manner with the wider
Knowledge / Experience
- Experience of working in a customer centered environment
- Experience of working in social housing sector
- Basic knowledge of tenancy rights & responsibilities, obligations of landlord & tenant
- Experience of a housing software package e.g. SDM
- Demonstrable experience of working with vulnerable individuals and families with complex needs
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of equality issues and legislation and, in particular, how they impact on service(s) provided and able to integrate equality policies into service
- Excellent communicator – capacity building, negotiation, trust
- Good IT literacy, digitally inclusive
- Commercially minded decision maker
- Able to work under pressure, manage competing work demands methodically to achieve targets and meet changing demands and
Response Personnel, an independently owned company and experts in recruitment since 1997.
Specialists in Permanent, Temporary and Contract recruitment within a number of niche divisions and industries, including: Commercial, IT/Telecoms, Industrial and Technical sectors.
For information on other roles, we have available please call 01582 616300 for further details.
Job Reference: 2021061102_1626952088
Salary From: £27000
Salary To: £28000
Job Industries: Not for Profit and Charities
Job Locations: Luton, Bedfordshire
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: Housing Officer, Housing Manager, Housing Coordinator