IT Sales Executive
£25,000 – £30,000 basic – OTE £50,000
Hours: 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Due to expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a New Business Development Executive to join a growing, forward thinking company providing IT solutions and services. If you are ambitious, determined, motivated and driven to succeed this could be the perfect role for you.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in IT sales or sales support
- Opening and winning net new business / logo track record
- Specific sales expertise in two or more of the following areas:
- Managed services
- Hosting and hosted solutions – Colocation, DRaaS, BaaS, IaaS
- Storage and compute solutions
- Enterprise networking and Security
- Support Services – Maintenance & Professional services
- Carrier services
Responsibilities – Business Development Executive:
- Achieve monthly gross margin targets through sales of solutions.
- To grow business from a small number of existing or dormant customers.
- To build and maintain an opportunity pipeline.
- To ensure any renewal contracts that are due are re-signed and clients are contacted at least 3 months ahead of their renewal date.
- To maintain regular contact with all named clients and to grow the contacts within each client.
- To target a defined number of net new mid-tier enterprise clients and build a sales plan to secure new business within these clients.
- Build strong business relationships with aligned vendor partner sales- people.
- Ensure all existing and prospective clients are aware of company capabilities/ offerings.
- Keep prospect management system updated, ensuring all opportunities are registered on a daily basis with the latest position. This should include accurate sales stages, commercial values, close dates and progress comments / notes, assigning to the correct marketing campaigns where applicable.
- Work with virtual team (Sales support, Pre-Sales & Service delivery) to secure business and align the correct resource within a client account.
- To attend and fully prepare for monthly reviews, providing sales forecasts and presentations as required.
Skills & Attributes Required:
- Tenacity, persistent, determined
- Excellent interpersonal skills – must be easy to converse with, good empathy, listener, consultative, good communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport and strong business relationships
- Self-motivated and driven
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good time management
- Good product and market knowledge/ understanding
- Ability to handle and overcome objections
- Commitment and hard working
- Positive personality with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Team player
- Good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Genuine interest for working in the ICT environment and building a sales career
- Monthly Commission structure with additional rewards for long term contracts
- Uncapped earnings
- Annual Holiday: 25 – 28 days, depending on length of service
- Laptop & UC applications
- Car allowance
Response Personnel, an independently owned company and experts in recruitment since 1997.
Specialists in Permanent, Temporary and Contract recruitment within a number of niche divisions and industries, including: Commercial, IT/Telecoms, Industrial and Technical sectors.
For information on other roles, we have available please call 01582 616300 for further details.
Job Reference: 2021080901_1631035276
Salary From: £25000
Salary To: £30000
Job Industries: IT
Job Locations: Luton, Bedfordshire
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: IT Sales, New Business Development Manager, Business Development, Sales, Account Management, Business Development Executive, New Business IT Sales Executive, DRaas, BaaS, IaaS