Due to organic growth, internal reorganisation and diversification, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Manager to join our client in Gloucester.
The company have a wealth of experience in the sub-contract engineering industry, with particular expertise in supplying intricate precision-machined items, special components and products tailored to their’ clients’ specific requirements, primarily into the Aerospace and Medical sectors.
With a solid background and proven track record in a busy sub-contract manufacturing environment you will be a key member of the senior management team.
Through your passion, shared vision and skills, you will empower your team to grow and accomplish their goals. Championing an inclusive and open environment, you will support and motivate all team members to be at their best and strive for excellence.
In this fast-moving environment, having a dynamic and results led approach to management is key. You must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of KPI’s and performance metrics to ensure the smooth operation of production and that customers’ and business requirements are met.
Through your experience, you will have honed your leadership and interpersonal skills and be confident in a variety of situations.
You should have strong problem-solving skills and a solid understanding of precision manufacturing methods and processes.
In return and commensurate to experience, your package will include an attractive salary, bonus scheme, company pension scheme and private health care.
Role & Responsibilities
The role and responsibilities described below are typical of the Manufacturing Manager, who is accountable for delivering operational performance across three sites, across multiple shifts.
Reporting to the Board of Directors you will be responsible for achieving operational performance requirements. To include the following:
- Drive and communicate SQDCP performance & continuous improvement
- Planning of resource on a weekly & daily basis
- Effective shift handover and review of previous shift performance with outstanding issues managed
- Engage & coordinate cross functional support to support operational challenges
- Provide operational support to new product introduction
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the business
- Strong diary management, be well organised and plan effectively
- Good logical mindset & ability to make decisions
- Ability to adapt and change as part of a growing business
- Good PC skills including excel & word
- that –
- Your team understand and use safe systems of work in the area
- You promote Health and Safety awareness in your team. You understand the H&S structure and know who to ask for help.
- PPE requirements are understood, issued and enforced in the team. PPE usage is monitored.
- You challenge unsafe practises inside or outside of your own area of control. Escalate safety concerns upwards where appropriate.
- Daily safety checks and regular safety audits are carried out. You ensure that processes are stopped if unsafe.
- Identify the need for risk assessments and support your business unit Manager / supervisor in the closure of actions.
People and Communication
Organise and lead your team
Understand and promote company vision, mission and values.
- Have a sound understanding of relevant company policies and procedures.
- Understand your role in relationships with employee representatives.
- Ensure effective, relevant, timely and appropriate communications within the team and with supporting functions.
- Frequent team brief/shift meetings to cover health and safety, quality, delivery, cost and people. Frequency agreed with line manager.
- Team members are coached and supported to promote self-directed problem solving and a continuous improvement culture.
Promote and support continuous improvement across the business
- Personally challenge fixed ideas, current methods and look for ways to make improvement.
- Champion lean, encourage improvement ideas and participation by your team. You own the problem & countermeasure board, use it with your team to identify, prioritise and drive improvements to completion.
- Collect and analyse data to find the biggest problems that affect your areas.
- Issues affecting continuous improvement are escalated in a timely and appropriate way.
- Use the ECR system to capture and drive improvements.
Operate within budgeted resource
- Understand and operate within basic cost measures and communicate these to your team, particularly the cost of labour (including overtime), scrap and consumables.
- Issues affecting cost are escalated in a timely and appropriate way.
- Cost reduction opportunities are captured and actioned accordingly
Monday to Thursday 07:30 to 16:30, Friday 07:30 to 12:30
Job Reference: JA105_1631633579
Salary From: £45000
Salary To: £60000
Job Industries: Engineering
Job Locations: Gloucestershire
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Manufacturing Manager