We have an excellent opportunity to join an established family-run precision machine company based in the Gloucester area. They have a healthy order book and along with restructuring and investment plans this is the perfect time to join the team. Our client is looking for an experienced hands-on machinist with knowledge of estimating and quoting along to ensure the smooth manufacture of high-quality products. Experience and proven knowledge in various types of CNC machining is essential.
Key Responsibilities Include:
– Provide estimates on new enquiries.
– Liaise with customers to discuss enquiries.
– Follow up on quotations to ensure order conversion.
– Write technical Manufacturing Instructions (Method).
– Allocate set and run times to Method.
– Advise purchasing department of tooling required.
– Estimate run times by making the necessary calculations based on material and cutting data.
– Make Method amendments when necessary.
– Have experience in all types of machining techniques ranging from manual to CNC machining
– Contact customers with any drawing queries
– Use MRP system daily.
– Work alongside the managing director.
– Liaise with production team to produce components on time and to a high standard.
Time served apprentice in machine shop – HNC/HND/BSC in Production Engineering.
Useful experience & knowledge:
– Working within Sub-Con machine shop.
– Problem solving and innovation.
– Hands on approach.
– Willingness to help the team to achieve good efficiencies.
– Excellent verbal & written communication skills with all levels of the business (both internally and externally).
– Ability to work unsupervised and part of a team.
– Work proactively.
– Extensive experience in manufacturing.
– Good knowledge of MRP systems.
– Familiar with ISO9001 and/or AS9001.
7.30am – 4.00pm Mon-Thurs
7.30am – 3.00pm Fri (39 hour working week)
33 days holiday including bank holidays
Salary – £35-50K