Property & Tenant Services Officer
Salary £26,000 – £29,000 – pro rata, dependent on experience
37 hours per week (including 1 in 4 weekend work)
Our client is a not-for-profit housing association that has been providing affordable housing in Luton and South Bedfordshire since 1962. We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Property & Tenant Services Officer to join an established and growing association.
Must have a full clean UK driving licence and access to own car for work.
- Comprehensive delivery of tenancy for a portfolio of homes.
- Embed a great service culture that promotes and embraces high levels of tenant and community engagement.
- Creation of Sustainment Business Plans for all portfolios.
- Creation, agreement and regular review of Customer Sustainment Plans for all customers.
- Develop and deliver strategies and services that are designed around the current and future needs of our tenants and customers
- Development and efficient operational delivery of portfolio of customer service, housing and support, resident engagement; and community regeneration. Ensure that services are aligned to corporate strategy and enhance customer experience.
- Lead and inspire person-centred services that deliver great customer outcomes and provide real value for money.
- Work in collaboration with the Homes with Support teams to create a pathway for customers in independent living within housing association where available.
- Work with clients to address issues with rent collection. Follow the housing management process, and follow methods of rent collection, arrears management working with internal Finance team to address/resolve issues related to rent arrears management.
- Accountable for managing and implementing the outcomes arising from review or scrutiny of service and resident priorities.
- Continuously seek realistic ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness in your role.
- Investigate and respond to any complaints and/or safeguarding issues.
- Be able to work well autonomously, as well as work in a collaborative manner with the wider team to ensure effective delivery of new business services.
- Attending networking and partnership meetings to gain support and ideas from external organisations.
- Ensuring that policy reviews are carried out at regular intervals and kept up to date.
- Understand and follow company policies and procedures always, including Health and Safety, Fairness, Lone Working, SOVA and Child Protection, reporting any concerns as required under legislation and Local Authority procedures.
Knowledge / Experience
- Experience of working in social housing sector
- Basic knowledge of tenancy rights & responsibilities, obligations of landlord & tenant
- Demonstrable experience of working with vulnerable individuals and families with complex need
- Excellent communicator
- Commercially minded, decision maker
- Collaboration with others
- Planning skills
- Good IT literacy, digitally inclusive
- Able to work under pressure, manage competing work demands methodically to achieve targets and meet changing demands and priorities.
Response Personnel, an independently owned company and experts in recruitment since 1997.
Specialists in Permanent, Temporary and Contract recruitment within a number of niche divisions and industries, including: Commercial, IT/Telecoms, Industrial and Technical sectors.
For information on other roles, we have available please call 01582 616300 for further details.
Job Reference: 2021091003_1631616968
Salary From: £26000
Salary To: £29000
Job Industries: Not for Profit and Charities
Job Locations: Luton, Bedfordshire
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Property & Tenant Services Officer, Social Housing, Housing Officer