Software Customer Support
Permanent, full-time vacancy
37.5 hours per week (flexibility in working hours offered / remote working on Fridays)
Salary dependent on experience – £28,000 to £30,000
Based in Dunstable, Bedfordshire
BENEFITS INCLUDE BONUSES, CAR ALLOWANCE AS WELL AS OPPORTUNITIES FOR SHARES WITHIN THE COMPANY!
Our client is a well-established software and services company. The company has an unrivalled reputation for delivery of quality products and services, and a history of over thirty-seven years of ethical business practices and consistent profitability.
The business has become an employee-owned company. The controlling majority shareholder is a trust in which all employees have an equal share. This means that every employee of the company becomes a co-owner of the company with certain ownership benefits and responsibilities.
We are looking to recruit someone that can make a difference to the efficiency of the company’s operation. Someone with strong all-round Support skills who is willing to join a progressive forward-thinking company.
We can offer a diverse and interesting role interacting with all departments within the company. The successful candidate will be in constant demand so must be able handle multiple work streams and communicate effectively with staff of all technical levels.
Ideally the candidate would have previous experience of working within a software environment operating under customer SLA’s and an understanding of ISO 27001 / ITIL standards.
Responsibilities of the Software Customer Support Candidate:
1. To provide specialist functional and technical assistance to all our licensed customers to allow them to utilise applications to provide best value for money.
2. Responsibility for assessing customer problems and accurately prioritising any follow-up actions including, where appropriate, co-ordination with the functional / technical experts.
3. With urgent queries we take ownership of the situation, escalating where necessary, and keep the customers / account managers / development teams fully informed of progress.
4. Advice and guidance to customers in relation to any technical difficulties which may be experienced in operation of the products, including recovery from operational failure situations.
5. Answering specific queries regarding the functionality of the products, and the way in which they may be used to fulfill particular objectives.
6. To ensure that all advice we give is accurate and honest. Where we are unsure, we seek advice from others before committing. To understand we are responsible for the answers we provide.
7. Maintenance of customer license records.
8. Provision of assistance with the Quality Assurance testing of software, before release to customers.
9. Production of quality product-related material to assist customers in the effective operation of the system.
10. To ensure that all contact with a customer is recorded in the corporate CRM.
11. To learn and subsequently maintain the knowledge in the specialist functional areas to which we have been assigned.
12. To liaise between the Customers and the development team in defining changes to the product range.
13. To be flexible and adaptable within the role so that we can be seconded to the Operations, Infrastructure, Projects or Helpdesk Teams dependent on the resource requirements of the team.
14. On rare occasions to perform Out of Hours work to assist in conversions, software upgrades or routine maintenance of our services
Response Personnel, an independently owned company and experts in recruitment since 1997.
Specialists in Permanent, Temporary and Contract recruitment within a number of niche divisions and industries, including: Commercial, IT/Telecoms, Industrial and Technical sectors.
For information on other roles, we have available please call 01582 616300 for further details.