Support Worker (Assistant Resident Coach)
Salary: £22,000 – £24,500 – dependent on experience
37 hours per week
Full time permanent, offering agile working
Our client is a not-for-profit housing association that has been providing affordable housing in Luton and South Bedfordshire since 1962. We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Assistant Resident Coach (Support Worker) to join an established and growing association.
Must have a full clean UK driving licence and access to own car for work
Responsibilities Support Worker (Assistant Resident Coach)
- Comprehensive delivery of the service to residents.
- Work in a psychologically informed way, coaching residents in a person-centred way.
- Working collaboratively with the Resident Coaching Team to support each other to ensure that residents always receive a consistent standard of positive attitude and appropriate behaviour in the delivery of the service.
- Carry out holistic assessments of new residents following referrals, devise and implement support plans and risk management plans.
- Carry out daily recordings to evidence the support given and ensure the internal system reflects any changes relating to the resident.
- Efficiently liaise with other professionals when needed such as social workers, solicitors, translators, police and education providers.
- Conduct daily coaching sessions.
- Support all residents on-site and manage your own case load of clients by organising and conducting coaching sessions, attending professionals’ meetings, making referrals to external agencies if needed and offering person-centred support.
- Think creatively and practically to deliver the best possible support.
- Provide assistance relating to benefit claims and personal contribution charges.
- Support residents to learn independent life skills to enable a successful, planned move-on into the community.
- Participate in reflective practice sessions with the team with regards to supporting residents with complex needs.
- Utilise knowledge, skills and experience to recognise difficult or challenging resident situations and use appropriate skills to support colleagues to influence and bring about positive change to the residents’ behaviour.
- Ensure residents are fully informed of their rights and responsibilities regarding the service and are enabled and empowered to participate in service improvements.
- Promote services to the wider community.
- Attending networking and partnership meetings to gain support and ideas from external organisations.
- Understand and follow policies and procedures always, including Health and Safety, Fairness, Lone Working, SOVA and Child Protection, reporting any concerns as required under legislation and Local Authority procedures.
Knowledge / Experience
- Working with vulnerable people in a customer centred environment
- Prepared to study towards a relevant qualification in the area of expertise (e.g., counselling, psychology, nursing or social work)
- Awareness/understanding of social issues such as homelessness, well-being, support services, affordability
- Excellent communicator – building trust
- Creative thinker, problem solver
- Confident decision maker
- Self-management/collaboration with others
- Planning skills
- Excellent literacy
- Good IT literacy
- Highly organised
Please note this role will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
Response Personnel, an independently owned company and experts in recruitment since 1997.
Specialists in Permanent, Temporary and Contract recruitment within a number of niche divisions and industries, including: Commercial, IT/Telecoms, Industrial and Technical sectors.
For information on other roles, we have available please call 01582 616300 for further details.
Job Reference: 2021060401_1622875791
Salary From: £22000
Salary To: £24500
Job Industries: Not for Profit and Charities
Job Locations: Luton, Bedfordshire
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Support Worker, Assistant Resident Coach