Technical Systems Administrator
Permanent, full-time vacancy
37.5 hours per week (flexibility in working hours offered / remote working on Fridays)
Salary dependent on experience – £35,000+
Based in Luton / Dunstable
BENEFITS INCLUDE BONUSES, CAR ALLOWANCE AS WELL AS OPPORTUNITIES FOR SHARES WITHIN THE COMPANY!
Our client is a well-established software and services company. The company has an unrivalled reputation for delivery of quality products and services, and a history of over thirty-seven years of ethical business practices and consistent profitability.
The business has become an employee-owned company. The controlling majority shareholder is a trust in which all employees have an equal share. This means that every employee of the company becomes a co-owner of the company with certain ownership benefits and responsibilities.
We now have a requirement for a Technical Systems Administrator. The role will involve day to day IT Support Tasks with occasional participation in on-going major Infrastructure projects. The role is potentially very broad and is likely to involve the following:
* Proven experience in providing Technical Support.
* Troubleshooting 2nd line / 3rd line IT support tickets
* Office 365 Administration
* Commissioning new users’ equipment and AD accounts
* Maintaining an asset register of IT Equipment
* Pro-active Monitoring of Critical Infrastructure including security, resource utilisation levels and backups.
* Server Administration Tasks in Exchange, Active Directory and Hyper-V
* Ensuring Process documentation is adhered to and kept up to date.
* Project work to implement recommendations from IT Management to improve existing processes or create new ones.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have Knowledge / Experience with:
* Windows 7/10 with experience of Server 2012 – 2019.
* Office 365
* Microsoft Azure AD and Azure in general
* Active Directory
* Hyper-V Server Administration
* A good understanding of TCP/IP and DNS
* Experience with wired and wireless networks
* Ethernet switching including VLANs
* Experience in diagnosing and fixing networking issues
* Experience in developing scripts e.g. PowerShell
Any knowledge of the following would be highly advantageous;
* Microsoft Exchange
* Microsoft Teams
* Microsoft OneDrive
* Microsoft Visual Studio
* Microsoft SharePoint
* Backup Exec
* SQL Server databases
* Manage Engine
* ForcePoint / Websense Cloud and Endpoint
* Firewall configuration
* IP telephony
* Configuring Storage Area Network devices
* iSCSI networking
Response Personnel, an independently owned company and experts in recruitment since 1997.
Specialists in Permanent, Temporary and Contract recruitment within a number of niche divisions and industries, including: Commercial, IT/Telecoms, Industrial and Technical sectors.
For information on other roles, we have available please call 01582 616300 for further details.